Friday, April 9, 2010

This is NEVER acceptable

Whoever decided it was a good idea to try to sell rompers and jumpsuits to adult women this season should be fired and banned from the fashion world forever. It's tacky, unflattering and just plain WRONG no matter what size/body type you are. And who wants to get naked every time they have to use the restroom?

Most of the dress section at Lane Bryant for a while was rompers and jumpsuits. They are now all in the sale/clearance section with all the hideous dresses that no one wants.

Now, Lane Bryant has been going under for some time. They thought they were going to go bankrupt and closed all of their stand alone stores that are not in malls because they weren't making money. You would think that to draw in more customers they'd either have better sales or more desirable fashions... or something. Pants suits/Jumpsuits/Rompers/Whatever you want to call them (I affectionately refer to them as "Shants") are the eternal fashion no-no regardless of trends. They are especially unflattering to plus sized women. As a plus sized gal, I look for clothing that flatters my figure and isn't something my mom dressed me in when I was 5. Rompers and Jumpsuits break both of those rules.

Torrid has also jumped on the jumper for its summer line:
This just hurts my feelings.

Even Wal-Mart and Target are selling jumpers right now! Who is wearing them? No one I've seen so far. Then again, Waukesha Wisconsin is not exactly fashion trend central. But I'm really glad for that if pants suits and jumpers are making a comeback.

Needless to say, anyone who actually buys this crap has questionable taste (to put it lightly) or no sense of style beyond blindly following trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment